madinina airfly pro
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling

AuteurMessage
island man
Admin
island man

CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling Empty
MessageSujet: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling EmptyVen 28 Avr à 4:41

CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling Contraadverts_140

bientot en test en martinique !!!!!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://airfly972.forumpro.fr
island man
Admin
island man

MessageSujet: Re: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling EmptyMar 30 Mai à 11:33

island man
Admin
island man

MessageSujet: Re: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling EmptyVen 2 Juin à 6:18

island man
Admin
island man

MessageSujet: Re: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling EmptyVen 9 Juin à 16:24

Citation :
I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions. Before I give you my first impressions these are some important stats:

Rider:87kg; 190cm (6’3”)
Boards:Underground FLX 06 152 and Underground skim board (I forgot my 132 at home)
Water Conditions: Flat water with some chop when the wind was around 12-13 knots
Wind: First half hour 10-13 knots; second half hour 8-10 knots; third half hour 6-8 knots.

Kite Performance:

• Bottom End: I was able to test the kite in 8-10 knots and in around 6 knots. In 8-10 knots the kite was riding super fast. It was really impressive to feel the effect of the apparent wind kicking in. It’s like a turbo charge. I could keep the kite parked at all times. To ride at 6 knots I swapped to my skim board. In the beginning I had trouble going up wind, but I managed it after I got the technique sorted. The trick was to go a bit down wind and let the kite/board pick up some speed. The effect of the apparent wind kicked in and the power delivered by the kite significantly increased allowing me not only to stay up wind but also to go up wind. In comparison to the Crossbow/Switchblade 16 this kite has a much better bottom end. I’d say 2 knots at least.

• Depower/Top End: The kite depowers well like the other Cabrinha kites. The ‘throttle’ is smooth (effect from sheeting in and out of the bar). In the 13 knot gust I noticed how much power the kite can generate. I believe it will have a lower top end when compared to my Switchblade 16.

• Up Wind Performance: The kite’s up wind performance is pretty much in line with the other models from Cabrinha. Again, it’s all about the technique of keeping the board flatter (not edging too hard) and sheeting out of the bar. Even at ‘stronger’ winds (13 knots) it was easy to hold the line and point up wind.

• Lift: Jumping high (5m/15ft) at 10-13 knots took me a while. The trick was to edge hard, sheet out the bar quite a bit, while sending the kite back. As soon as the kite was going to lift me I would sheet in and get a massive yank upwards. If I had a smaller board I would have probably been able to hold my edge better and get even higher jumps. Jumping in 8-10 knots for the first time was really fun too. The jumps weren’t particularly high, but enough to do transitions, double spins and even small kite loops. I could not really jump at 6 knots. This kite has definitely more lift than the Switchblade 16.

• Hangtime: The hangtime is impressive. It allowed me to complete a double spin at around 8 knots even though the jump wasn’t particularly high (<2m). Definitely better than the Switchblade/more similar to the Crossbow.

• Turning Speed: Now we’re talking. This kite makes the Switchblade and Crossbow look like slow turtles. The new bridle attachment points have significantly improved the way this kite turns. I was even able to complete a full kite loop in around 8 knots.

• Bar Pressure: I’d say it’s pretty much equal to the Contra 12 and 14. Similar to the pressure of the 12m Switchblade. Definitely lower than the Switchblade 16 and Crossbow with mod 16.

Conclusion:

All three Contras (12, 14 and 17) are a significant improvement from the Switchblade and Crossbow.

If you are looking for a light wind kite and are under or around 70Kg I would definitely go for the Contra 14. The kite is just more fun to fly than the 17.

If you are over 75Kg, I would go for the Contra 17.

I personally don’t think the Contra 12 needs to be positioned as a light wind kite (It may be one for someone under 50kg). For me that kite is simply an improved 12m bow kite with pretty much the same top end than the other two (Crossbow and Switchblade) but it has all the bells and whistles of the new generation from Cabrinha (one pump, cleaner and better bar, etc.).

Disclaimer: These are my impressions and I tried to be objective as possible. I like the way Cabrinha kites fly so far. It might not be what some of you are looking for. But if you liked some aspects of the other two Cabrinha kites (Crossbow and Switchblade) you will surely like the Contra as they have improved and fixed quite a few things.

If unsure, go demo one. I would recommend that anyway with any kite. Don't make your mind based on what I wrote. This should just help you to narrow down your choices, not to make them for you!!!
island man
Admin
island man

MessageSujet: Re: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling EmptyLun 12 Juin à 4:23

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling   CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling Empty

CONTRA CROSSBOW new kite feeling
Page 1 sur 1